Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Why?

Wouldn't you agree that we, as humans, make pretty dumb choices in our lives? Matt Wilson came and spoke in chapel on yesterday. He mentioned about how he had a tough time respecting his coach. I said to myself, well, I don't like the basketball coach that is here now and I don't play basketball so I'm excused from that...I can disrespect him if I want to. WRONG!

Just because I may not have liked him when he coached in track and maybe I don't like him now, but I still need to respect him. He is my elder and the Bible tells us that we need to respect our elders. This is something that I've been struggling with for a long time. Especially in the past year with the whole Obama thing.

I really have been talking down about Obama to my friends and family and I am wrong to do that. I need to pray for and support my leaders. I can disagree with him, but that does not give me the right to go around badmouthing him. He's the President of the United States of America for goodness sake! *sigh* God, you know how dumb I am. Heck, you probably sit up there on your big white throne and laugh your head off at some things that I do. Oh well. At least I know that I will be forgiven for everything that I do wrong if I just ask it of you! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!! Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment